According to a report by Forrester Research the total Total U.S. ICT market in 2011 was $962B with the majority being generated from software sales ($208B) followed by Telecom Services ($199B) and IT Consulting and Systems Integration Services ($188B). The following graphic show the U.S. ICT market for 2011.
Forrester forecast for analytics and BI are more optimistic. When customer experience and engagement is taken into account, the forecast seems high. Salesforce knows how to translate trial users into customers. The question is can they do this fast enough in 2012 throughout the enterprise and mid-tier accounts to keep up their sales growth on track while reducing churn and increasing profitability.
Smart Computing is defined by Forrester as platform technologies including specialized analytics, BI, service-oriented architecture (SOA) infrastructure, virtualization software, rules engines, and awareness-based technologies. Forrester is very optimistic about this area with a growth rate second only to cloud computing. Its index of the market is based on Informatica, Pegasystems, and Tibco Software.
Google Analytics has just launched “Central de Conversiones” (Convertion Central) which is a Blog with focus on help users to constant optimize their business.
I had and have the honor of being part of this project that is lead by the unstoppable Enrique Quevedo and the tireless Jeanette Haber. read more …
The voting period for the WAA Board of Directors election is finally open. All voting members should have received a email from the Vote Administrator, username and password to the online ballot. If you have not received yours, please contact Lindsay De Santis for the details. The vote closes April 10, 2009.
Whether I get elected or not I will keep working for the industry and the Web Analytics Association in particular but if I get that position the posibilities are infitite. So please think very carefull how are you gonna vote for.
and off course, good luck to…
– Anil Batra, Chief Analytics Officer, Ascentium, USA
– Daniel Waisberg, Head of Web Analytics, EasyNet Search Marketing, Israel
– David Millrod, Managing Partner, Technology Leaders, USA
– Khalid Saleh, President, Invesp Consulting, USA
– Olivier Silvestre, Co-founder, Tealium, Inc., USA
– René Dechamps Otamendi, Founder, Ox2/LBi, Brussels
– Sergio Maldonado, Director, MV Consultoria, Spain
– Stéphane Hamel, Web Analytics Advocate, Immeria Consulting Services, Canada
– Ed Wu, Senior Analyst, Global Consumer Online, Dell, Inc., USA
– Greg Asman, Director of Web Analytics, Aspen Marketing Services, USA
– Peter Sanborn, Group Manager, Web Analytics, Microsoft, USA
– Rachel Scotto, Metrics Manager, Sony Pictures Entertainment, USA
– Ray Sibulkin, Executive Director, Business and Marketing Analysis, Edmunds.com, USA
– Alex Yoder, Chief Executive Officer, WebTrends, USA
– Arie Abecassis, President, MindFireInc, USA
– Claudia Woods, Director of Strategic Development, Predicta, Brazil
– Jonathan Levitt, Vice President of Marketing, iPerceptions, Inc., USA
– Kimberly Weller, Product Manager, SAAS Institute, USA
– Mark Wachen, Managing Director, Interwoven/Optimost, USA
– Matthew Langie, Senior Director, Product Marketing, Omniture, USA
– Nicolas Babin, Chief Operating Officer, AT Internet (XiTi), France