Finally we had the SMX Buenos Aires 2008 and in my opinions was pretty good.
The Analytics presentation was well balanced, a consultant (me), a Provider (Enrique Quevedo from Google) and a Client (Maria Soledad Santich from Telefónica de Argentina). I fount Soledad’s presentation very usefull since she explained how was the Analytics Implementing process in her company in a very transparent way. Issues, deviations, pursuit results, etc.
Juan Damia, Maria Soledad Santich and Enrique Quevedo
Guille (Google), Juan and Rita (Google)
Even when I couldn´t attend all the presentations I wish, I attended some very good ones,
- Julio Fernandez with Online Reputation Management examples.
- Andres Snitcofsky with his very funny SEM (and instructive) presentation.
- German Herebia, talked about new media and give some ideas to present developers (If German tells you that you can get good money develping the mentioned type of apps, I recommend you going in that direction).
- Gustavo Saients and Alejandro Perez (I was a little late so I missed Robert Jacksons´ presentation) explained in a very simple way how the Search Engines Algorithms work in general.
- Martín Enriquez and his Online Reputation Management examples, very clear
- The security was poor making possible that not just one, but two laptos where stolen (I´m really sorry Justo and Diego).
- Some panelist presentations were sales presentations…come on some people paid a lot of money not to hear you selling your products, but to learn how to improve their services and make money by their self. Sorry guys, wrong place, wrong people….
I would also like to thanks Tomy Lorsch and Rafael Fernández Tamames the invitations to participate in the Analytics Panel.